|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
|Salary||£50 - 60 per hour|
Job Role: Contract Electrical Controls and Automation Engineer
Contract Type: Contract
Reward: negotiable hourly or day rate
Location: Greater Manchester
Monday – Friday days role
The onsite role, some flexibility
A multi-site Global manufacturing company– with a state-of-the-art site in the Manchester area investing in its assets, people, and technology. Due to ongoing automation processes, there is an immediate requirement for an electrical automation engineer with an interest in control engineering. It’s an exciting challenge as it covers such a wide spectrum of controls, automation software and hardware electrical engineering.
This will suit an automation engineer with PLC and Controls expereince.
- You will be responsible for supporting the maintenance / electrical asset care strategy and technical challenges to ensure maximum line efficiency, leading from the front within a proactive electrical reliability team ensuring the efficient running of the FMCG process and manufacturing lines.
Key Responsibilities – Electrical Controls and Automation Engineer - Days
- Ability to provide high-level engineering technical expertise to maximise the productivity and achievement of targets of the plant, in a high-speed production environment
- PLC/Advanced Electrical Automation knowledge
- Provide technical advice and guidance on all matters relating to electrical standards for maintenance improvement
- Modification, programming, and installation of control systems on automated machinery.- Work to constantly improve the efficiency of production machinery.
- Responsible for managing improvements in electrical maintenance strategy, co-ordinating all electrical asset care improvement programmes
- Ownership of automation Capex projects
- Support project delivery of other site projects with automation elements
- Facilitating site activities to centrally delivered Capex projects
- Ownership of the site Obsolescence and Improvements Plan focusing on the next level of controls
- Maintain and monitor the use of automation and electrical system software and documentation version control systems
Qualifications & Requirements – Electrical Controls and Automation Engineer - Days
- Apprentice-trained or graduate engineer, in an electrical discipline and has some form of electrical qualification
- The emphasis is on Automation experience and the candidate should be electrically biased and have plc skills -you will be conversant in both software and hardware control systems
- Allen Bradley, Siemens, or Mitsubishi will be considered
- Experience gained as an Electrical Engineer with a background in Plc's and OEM, SCADA preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment including Food, FMCG processes or General Manufacturing
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement.
- Trained to an Electrical minimum craft level, ONC, HND Level preferred
- Production line experience preferred
- Knowledge of electrical systems
You will join a thriving, growing and secure manufacturing business with a good pension, bonus, and life assurance with ongoing career development and progression opportunities
What we can offer – Contract Electrical Controls and Automation Engineer
- Work at an award-winning site
- Days working
- Automated facility
- Free onsite parking
For more information on this role, please contact Mike Butler on 0113 2123519 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Candidates who are currently an automation engineer, electrical engineer, PLC Engineer, or Lead Electrical engineer, may be suitable for this position.
Techsearch is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy.
Techsearch are an employment agency and have been connecting business with technical talent for nearly 30 years.
We specialise in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Technical, Life Sciences, Supply Chain and Manufacturing sectors.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.