|Salary||£29000 - £31000|
Bristol and South West Region
£29,000 - £31,000 + Van and Fuel Card
Our client a generator specialist are seeking a commissioning Engineer in the Bristol area. Good customer service skills are needed, as you will be liaising with both external contacts including Utility companies, Events and Construction organisations etc. Sites visited will occasionally be challenging and you will be expected to provide an excellent service to our valued customers.
Responsible for preparing, installing, testing, and commissioning of generator systems. Typical system equipment includes, but is not limited to:-
- Generating sets (single and multiple systems)
- Generator control panels
- Fuel storage, fuel transfer, and fuel polishing systems and controls
- System switchpanels and controls. Break-transfer and synchronising systems
- FGW, CoMap, DSE, Cummins etc
Install, test and commission interconnecting power and control cabling (and containment) as required by the system/contract.
Carry out snagging of Power Electrics Generators (PEG) and PEG sub-contractor installation works. This will include the generator installations and associated equipment, both mechanical and electrical (e.g. fuel pipework and transfer, LV panels and controls).
Carry out (on and off site) testing, fault diagnosis, repair (if required), load bank testing, and setting to work of Generating Systems.
Produce and issue test analysis results to project team and/or customer, as required.
Skills & Experience
- Possess good fault finding abilities and strong communication skills
- Qualified Electrician (Preferred)
- Preferably an approved/recognised Certificate of Apprenticeship
- Previous experience of FG Wilson control systems advantageous
- City & Guild in current edition of IEE wiring regulations (Preferred)
- Forklift Licence advantageous
- Full Driving Licence ESSENTIAL (with towing categories preferred)
- Good customer awareness with the ability to respond to customers’ requirements effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Holder of CSCS or ECS Card