|Location||East Sussex, England|
|Salary||£28k - 35k per year|
CNC Turner – setter/operator
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a successful Engineering company that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their machine shop. They require a CNC Turner –setter/operator, to programme, set and operate CNC Turning centres with Fanuc control system.
The candidate will be responsible for understanding engineering drawings, programming from scratch using Fanuc, selecting tooling, setting and operating the CNC machinery. They will be involved in producing batch work and one offs.
We are looking for a CNC Turner– setter/operator who ideally has the following skills:
- Job Overview:
- To set and operate first and second operation machines to accurate specifications ensuring that components are produced correct to drawing and delivered on time.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities
- Programme, set and operate CNC muti turret/spindle machines(Fanuc program control) ,inspecting your own work and recording the results to ensure the required quality is maintained.
- Ability to perform fast set-ups / change overs essential.
- Capable of taking drawing to part (read the drawing and make that part).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing (4M’s; 5S’s etc.).
- Quality conscience.
- First off inspection.
- Work effectively and resolve issues within a team environment.
- Complete accurately all necessary material movement paperwork (i.e. route cards, material traceability, program changes).
- Perform any additional operations necessary (including deburring) that are required to produce finished components.
- To set and operate manual machines as necessary.
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities / Lean processes.
The benefits of working for this company are:
- They offer competitive rates of pay.
- They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
- Potential career progression.
- Lots of overtime.
- They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong by email on firstname.lastname@example.org – or by phone on 01453 829 789.
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk.