|Salary||£35k - 40k per year|
CNC Machinist (Millng & Turning) – Programmer/setter/operator
Shift : Day shift
Salary: £35 to£40k per annum
Excellent Benefits package & great working environment
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a successful and innovative Engineering company that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their machine shop. They require a CNC Machinist – Programmer/setter/operator, to programme, set and operate CNC Milling and Turning centres (Fanuc ,Sinumerik and Proto Trak)
The candidate will be responsible for understanding engineering drawings, programming from scratch using Fanuc and Siemens Sinumerik, selecting tooling, setting and operating the CNC machinery. They will be involved in producing batch work and one offs.
We are looking for a CNC Machinist– Programmer/setter/operator who ideally has the following skills:
- Set and programme Machines for production of precision made components to drawings.
- Programme CNC Mill (3 axis) and Lathe.
- Manual use of Mill and Lathe when required
- Liaise with material manager to plan workload and machine capacity.
- Maintain a clean and well organised work area and be responsible for keeping equipment and tooling in a good working condition.
- Reporting material and production capacity shortages to the materials Manager
- Be able to set up and run one off/small batch work and prototype components.
- Carry out set-up activities, including tool set-up and measurement activities while the machine is running.
- Maintain quality and accuracy of the machined product by carrying out checks and inspection by using the full range of available equipment.
- To produce components within the agreed standard time, and at all times, looking to aid and suggest improved alternative methods of manufacture.
- Understand and be able to interpret a production schedule.
- Offline programming using OneCNC, Siemens NX
Desirable skills and experience:
• Proven track record of CNC setting and Programming.
• Product quality control experience
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively so that production throughput is maximised (measured by delivery against agreed date on the production schedules)
• Experience with Proto Trax and Siemens Sinumeric with shop mill.
What we can offer
- They offer attractive rates of pay.
- They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
- Potential career progression.
- strong benefits package
- They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong by email on paul.f[email protected] – or by phone on 01453 829 789.
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.