CNC 5 Axis Miller – Hypermill Programmer
Shift : Day shift or twilight shift
Salary: negotiable depending on experience
Excellent Benefits package & great working environment
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a successful and innovative Engineering company that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their machine shop. They require a CNC 5 Axis Miller – Hypermill Programmer, to programme, set and operate CNC Milling centres (Heidenhain, Mazak)
The candidate will be responsible for understanding engineering drawings, programming from scratch using Mazatrol and Heidenhain, selecting tooling, setting and operating the CNC machinery. They will be involved in producing batch work and one offs.
We are looking for a CNC 5 Axis Miller – Hypermill Programmer who ideally has the following skills:
- Set and programme Machines for production of precision made components to drawings.
- Programme CNC Mill (3 & 5 axis)
- Manual use of Mill and Lathe when required
- Able to Machine to drawing where a Model has not been supplied (create using PDF a model to then CAM)
- Flexible enough to move between different types/styles of milling machinery to complete different/difficult types of work
- Capable of using metrology equipment at the machine to confirm conformity before the 'double check' in the Inspection dept.
- Maintain a clean and well organised work area and be responsible for keeping equipment and tooling in a good working condition.
- Experience in the low batch, fast turn around, precision industry
- Experience in the R & D elements of the broader industries, IE Aerospace and Defence.
- Keen eye for Continuous Improvement and identification/removal of the 7 wastes.
- Maintain quality and accuracy of the machined product by carrying out checks and inspection by using the full range of available equipment.
- To produce components within the agreed standard time, and at all times, looking to aid and suggest improved alternative methods of manufacture.
- Understand and be able to interpret a production schedule.
- Offline programming using Hypermill
What we can offer
- They offer attractive rates of pay.
- They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
- Potential career progression.
- Challenging and innovative work
- They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong by email on [email protected] – or by phone on 01453 829 789. Only candidates with Rights to work in the UK
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.