|Salary||£28000 - £35000|
Role: CNC Machinist
Location: East Sussex
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
Shift: Swing Shift - Monday to Thursday: 6.00am – 14.00pm / 14.00pm – 22.00pm Friday: 6.00am – 13.00pm / 13.00pm – 20.00pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a successful Engineering company that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their machine shop. They require multiple CNC Machinists to programme, set and operate CNC Machining centres with Fanuc control system.
The candidate will be responsible for understanding engineering drawings, programming from scratch using Fanuc, selecting tooling, setting and operating the CNC machinery. They will be involved in producing batch work and one offs.
To set and operate first and second operation machines to accurate specifications ensuring that components are produced correct to drawing and delivered on time.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
- Programme, set and operate CNC muti turret/spindle machines (Fanuc program control), inspecting your own work and recording the results to ensure the required quality is maintained.
- Ability to perform fast set-ups / change overs essential.
- Capable of taking drawing to part (read the drawing and make that part).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing (4M’s; 5S’s etc.).
- Quality conscience.
- First off inspection.
- Work effectively and resolve issues within a team environment.
- Complete accurately all necessary material movement paperwork (i.e. route cards, material traceability, program changes).
- Perform any additional operations necessary (including deburring) that are required to produce finished components.
- To set and operate manual machines as necessary.
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities / Lean processes.
The benefits of working for this company are:
- They offer competitive rates of pay.
- They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
- Potential career progression.
- Lots of overtime.
- They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Kyle Edmond by email on email@example.com – or by phone on 01453 852563.