|Location||Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, England|
|Salary||£27000 - £31000|
Machine Setter - CNC
My client, a global manufacturer, is currently looking for experienced CNC Machine Setters to join their facility in Stonehouse. The successful machine setter will be responsible for ensuring that the required level of output is achieved in line with the master production schedule and quality standards, through the appropriate allocation of daily tasks and maximization of machine up time.
- To be responsible for the setting, checking and calibration of all gauging equipment within a cell.
- To be responsible for the start-up, re setting, running and shutdown of all machines in a cell, including fixtures, tooling (including ordering)
- To be responsible for the training of operators within a cell
- To allocate daily tasks to operators within a cell to ensure output targets are achieved in line with quality and health and safety standards.
- To ensure effective day by day communication to all operators within a cell with regard to output targets, performance, achievement against MOP’s, and issues affecting quality.
- To assist in the development and implementation of process improvement activities, including process control, scrap reduction and TQ activity.
- To be responsible for ensuring effective material flow including the receipt, handling, storage and delivery of all materials to and from, and within a cell.
- To be responsible for ensuring first line maintenance of all plant and machinery within a cell (including coolants and filtration).
- Recognised apprenticeship in mechanical engineering or similar technical qualification
- Motivated team player, committed to total quality
- Experience in similar high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience of calibration, setting and testing gauging equipment
- Team orientated
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload