|Salary||£25000 - £30000|
My client is currently looking for an experienced Cell manager/Team leader to pick up and manage a busy assembly team.
The right person will come from a manufacturing background ideally with experience with electro-mechanical products while supervising/managing a small team.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean and continuous improvement processes and techniques
- Comfortable working to KPIs and manufacturing measurement systems.
- A high standard of organisation and a commitment to 5s and housekeeping
- Articulate and confident communicator. Both written and verbal
- Hands on leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ownership of the process and accountability for the area of responsibility
- Manage the throughput and capacity planning for the cell activities
- A commitment to the wellbeing, development, and health and safety for the team.
- Budgetary control and cost management to agreed targets
- Managing resources to overachieve against agreed daily throughput targets
- Monitoring and management of production line stock and consumables.
- Work with materials management for planning and prioritisation of production orders.
- Undertake cost reduction and process improvement projects
- Achieve on Time Delivery of greater than 98%
- Monitoring the quality and compliance of all manufacturing processes in the area.
- Ensure that all process documentation and work instructions are accurate and simple to understand. Initiate a programme of continuous reviews.
- Manage the process and resources to ensure the highest quality of goods is produced. Non-confirming product and waste to be less than 0.02% of sales
- Manage the training matrix to ensure maximum flexibility of all resources in the team.
- Introduce flexibility and agility into the manufacturing process to allow for quick change over of production runs.
- High level of computer literacy. Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft office suite of programs would be advantageous.
- A structured and controlled approach to problem solving.
- Management of fast paced and dynamic environment where priorities change to meet customer demand
- Strong analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Maximising the output of the team and available resources