Job Title: Calibration Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Our client is a leading engineering and manufacturing business located in the Wolverhampton area they are looking for a Calibration Engineer to join the business within the test equipment team.
The right candidate will have experience of calibrating electrical and electronic test rigs used to test hydraulic and mechanical products for the aerospace and defence sector.
We can only consider candidates with full right to work within the UK for this position.
Key Responsibilities – Calibration Engineer
- Perform calibration activities for measuring instrumentation to meet traceable standards.
- Maintain and adjust electronic instrumentation within manufacturer specifications.
- Keep records, certificates, and documentation for calibration in line with Test Equipment and Quality procedures.
- Collaborate with calibration engineers to resolve issues affecting production, quality, and first pass yield.
- Utilize the MOOG Calibration database for planning, tracking, and documenting calibration activities.
- Maintain a customer-focused role, providing timely updates to the Test Equipment Site Manager and stakeholders.
- Support Root Cause investigations for Test Equipment System and components as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety practices during all work activities and contribute to Risk Assessments.
- Assist in internal and external Quality Audits of deployed Test Systems or sub-components.
- Actively participate in site Lean activities as part of the continuous improvement program.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills, including the use of AutoTime, Emails, Intranet, and Electronic Ordering.
- Understand and adhere to relevant quality procedures for assigned tasks.
- Uphold and promote the Moog culture and values, including Trust, Competence, Team Spirit, Diligence, Accountability, Effective Communication, Adaptability, Recognition, and Enjoyment.
Qualifications & Requirements – Calibration Engineer
- Apprenticeship in Electronics
- Degree in Electronics (not essential)
- Minimum 4-years’ experience in a electronic calibration role
What we can offer – Calibration Engineer
- Private Healthcare
- 6% company contribution pension
- 8x life assurance cover
- Company pension
For more information on this role, please contact Arun Picton on 01453 829769 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Candidates who are currently a Calibration Engineer, Calibration Technician, Electronics Engineer, Test Engineer, Test Technician, Electronics Technician, may be suitable for this position
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.