|Salary||£38k - 42k per year|
Role: Buyer/Senior Buyer
Location: Cheltenham (90% Work from Home)
Employment: 12 Month FTC
Whilst you will need to be able to work on site for the first few weeks, beyond this point this role will be a ‘Work from Home’ role 90% of the time, with just 1 day per fortnight required to attend site.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Buyer of senior standards to join a globally renowned business with the aim of supporting Indirect procurement activities over the coming year.
This comes in response to significant funding in Capital Equipment (CAPEX) projects and general demand, with the view to expanding and upgrading business and manufacturing activities.
You will need to be able to demonstrate significant understanding and experience in supporting this type of activity, covering CAPEX, services and subcontract activities.
- Responsibility for amount of suppliers used, price, delivery performance, quality and responsiveness
- Support the continuity of supply of purchased goods / services
- Cost reduction and cost control of purchased goods / services
- Prompt recovery of supplier non-quality costs
- Development of category sourcing strategies and tactical plans.
- Presentation of fact-based analysis and recommendations for decision making
- Contract management and supplier relationship management
- Instigate, support, advise and develop procurement tools and applications
- Develop supplier base and partnerships to create a reliable and long-term source of supply
- Sourcing and forming strategic supply base management and handling activities
- Lead negotiation activities to drive and realize continuous performance improvement
- Alignment of supplier agreements with the business’ values
- Supplier and commodity management Experience
- Both direct and indirect goods and services procurement background
- CAPEX procurement background
- working within budgets and under cost control rules
- Working with ERP systems and data bases
For more information regarding this role please call Lee Powell on 01453 829530 or to make an application apply online directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group is a technical and engineering specialist agency and we also recruit for Buyers, Project Buyers, Procurement Managers, Commodity Buyers, Indirect Buyers and Procurement Specialists,