|Location||Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England|
|Salary||£27000 - £32000|
Type of position: temporary to permanent
Salary: £27000 to £33000 dependent on experience
We are now seeking to recruit a buyer to source electrical components commodities for our customer based in Gloucester. The appropriate candidate would be responsible for ensuring that parts are procured to meet production needs from a cost, quality, and delivery perspective
- Source parts from suitable suppliers to meet the commercial and technical needs of the business.
- Place purchase orders and expedite them to fulfil MRP and project demand.
- Develop and manage suppliers for assigned commodities to ensure key performance levels are achieved.
- Develop commodity strategies to ensure capacity, capability, quality, cost and supply chain risk are understood.
- Perform supplier approval activities as required.
- Maintain MRP part and purchase order information.
- Ensure invoice queries are resolved in a timely manner to allow payment to be released in line with agreed terms.
- Effectively communicate with other departments including production, design, stores and accounts.
- To identify opportunities for process, productivity and quality improvements by highlighting issues to management.
- To adhere to and always apply all workplace management and rules consistently.
- To actively participate in improvement projects as required.
- Develop effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholder, customers and suppliers to ensure best outcomes for the business
- Previous purchasing experience within engineering environment
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes for a range of commodities.
- Be able to react to changing requirements and the vision to plan supply chains for upcoming requirements.
- Proven effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
If you this this role might be of an interest please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Marta on 01453 852 542