|Salary||£27k - 35k per year|
Job Title: Buyer
Job Type: Hybrid, Flexitime
Work Type: Permanent
Hours: 37hrs per week
Job Location: Gloucestershire
Salary: £27,000 to £35,000 per annum
Profile – Buyer
Out client operates mainly as a multi-tier provider, in the military and commercial aerospace markets. Using both research and development, to provide innovative, mission specific bespoke technological solutions to their customer’s most complex problems. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that pride themselves on delivering high quality superior products to their sector.
Job Role – Buyer
The Buyer will be responsible for the operational activities surrounding the purchasing function on business systems for all suppliers. They will solely be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and relationship management of all Portfolio suppliers including cost reduction activities, improvements in quality and delivery and supplier management and development.
Duties – Buyer
• Action purchasing requisitions on the system on time, and where requisitions are raised in arrears challenge and resolve appropriately
• RFQ and Quotation analysis to ensure best total cost of acquisition
• Manage the Supplier Open Order Book on a weekly basis
• Escalate issues with delivery dates that don’t meet MRP need with suppliers and escalate within team where necessary
• Support weekly planning review within your respective area and ensure you have appropriate information to allow planning to re-plan orders appropriately
• Work with CM to rationalize and reduce as many approved suppliers as possible
• Action the quarantine list daily and clear all parts within a 3-day period
• Ensure all supplier returns are actioned within 72 hours of being put in the returns cage and target supplier return date within a 14-day period
• Initiate and maintain all Supplier Approval documentation and process approvals
• Supplier invoice queries resolutions
• Identify and manage Risks to the Supply Chain via Risk Register and mitigating actions
Experience/Qualifications – Buyer
• Operational purchasing experience and demonstrated achievements
• Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills
• Technical understanding of drawings and specification
• Negotiation skills and experience
Candidates who are currently a Buyer, Material Planner, Purchasing Administrator, Procurement Officer, Commodity Manager, Sourcing Specialist or Purchasing Manager could be suitable for this role.
To make an application for this role please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call 01453829529.
For details of other opportunities available within your chose field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.