|Salary||£36k - 40k per year + private medical care, dental care, employer 10% pension contribution, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays|
Contract term: 12-month fixed term contract
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000
Benefits: private medical care, dental care, employer 10% pension contribution, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
An opportunity for a credible Senior Buyer who will be responsible for the management of assigned spend categories and relevant suppliers, holding ultimate responsibility for the cost, quality, and delivery of goods and/or services under that category and the suppliers’ fit to the company’s requirements.
This role will look after the full procurement cycle, from identification of the need to supplier relationship management and contract management after contract award; their activity comprises a variety of procurement activities including cost control, commodity management, supply chain risk mitigation and supply chain sustainability.
- Take a holistic category management approach to spend categories, being responsible for the number of suppliers used, price, delivery performance, quality, and responsiveness
- Support the continuity of supply of purchased goods / services and manage the supply base related risks
- Cost reduction and cost control of purchased goods / services
- Prompt recovery of supplier non-quality costs
- Development of category sourcing strategies and tactical plans of implementation
- Presentation of fact-based analysis and recommendations for decision making to management
- Contract management and supplier relationship management
- Working with accounting departments to ensure payments on time for the purchased items
- Instigate, support, advise and develop procurement tools and applications that strengthen the procurement process for the team and department as a whole
- Develop supplier base and partnerships to create a reliable and long-term source of supply
- Sourcing and forming strategic supply base management and handling activities such as financial management and issue resolution
- Lead negotiation activities to drive and realize continuous performance improvement
- Alignment of supplier agreements with the business’ values, performance, cost objectives, terms and conditions and supplier sustainability requirements
- National and international travel to suppliers
For more information regarding this role please call Kris Smith on 01453 829535 or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Omega Resource Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Omega Resource Group Plc is an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff including: Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing Managers, Production Engineers, Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, Quality Inspectors, Quality Managers, Technicians, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters and Electro-Mechanical Assemblers to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.