|Salary||£32.5k - 37.5k per year|
An exciting new opportunity for a Buyer in the Birmingham Area to join a globally reputable business
Looking for a Buyer to work as part of their team to help keep the standard of their product as high as possible.
Permanent and Contract roles available
To be responsible for all procurement standard components and unique manufactured components to design specifications. Work in partnership together with current and potential suppliers, to provide a high standard of quality and service to operations.
- Day-to-day management of designated responsibilities.
- Responsibility for daily purchase order placement, sourcing decisions and securing competitive terms.
- Inventory management and expediting duties to ensure production and sales demands are met.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and drawings.
- Managing portfolio of supplier accounts and monitoring supplier performance against targets.
- Always apply a good practice approach when engaging local and global sourcing opportunities.
- Developing the supplier base through continuous improvement initiatives, using all supply management techniques to include, analysis, negotiation and reporting.
- Develop relationships with internal customers in the business to continually improve the quality of service provided by the department.
- Work together with the quality team to uphold quality procedures within its supply chain.
- Conduct supplier related invoice investigations and resolution.
- Attend supplier meetings on a regular basis to develop and maintain supplier collaboration.
- Strategic mind-set in order to consider wider business needs.
- Always be flexible in your working practice.
To be successful in the role, you will have previous experience as a Buyer ideally within a manufacturing/engineering environment. You will have excellent communication skills, organisation and planning skills and be able to problem solve. You will be able to demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail and be driven to deliver and meet deadlines.
We are looking for you to have personal integrity, be self-motivated, pro-active and a team player. You will need to be flexible, adaptable, and able to build good rapport with others.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 b/hols (3/4 to be taken in Christmas shutdown)
- Contributory pension
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work
- Free parking on site
- Unlimited drinks from vending machine
- x4 life assurance.
For more information about this role please contact Michael Farrell on 01453 829768 or email email@example.com