|Location||Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England|
|Salary||£35000 - £40000|
Business Development Manager
Salary & benefits: £35,000 - £40,000 + bonus, car allowance, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
The role of the Business Development Manager is to help grow the business, generate revenue and improve profitability in line with Company Vision and Values, by generating leads and developing opportunities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Execute on business sales strategy to achieve growth targets
- Prepare sales reports demonstrating pipeline of opportunities through company KPI’s and CRM tools
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Maintain contact with all clients in the specified market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect jobs submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin
- Writing effective business proposals; lead the proposal development, submission, negotiation and closing process
- Follow-up on sales call reports, sample requests, customer projects and other requests from customers
- Attend and present at industry conferences, exhibitions, and events.
- Work closely with production to develop performance data, solve customers’ problems, and provide technical assistance as required
- Participate in a company-wide effort to maintain the company’s working knowledge and promote quality assurance in compliance with ISO 9001 requirements and external/ internal auditing requirements
- Work flexibly and supportively with the sales team
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the line manager or as per the requirements of the business
- Adapt, learn and work flexibly in a dynamic operating environment
- Solve problems and create solutions
- Change and improve – ensuring the same mistake is not made twice
- Adhere to Health, Safety and environmental requirements and use Personal Protective Equipment as required/instructed
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Follow 5s methodology to organise workspaces to create efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrate a professional approach – being reliable and punctual
- A customer focused attitude, with a positive “can do” attitude in communication with external and internal customers
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills – working with others to provide information that they need to eliminate technical issues
- Minimum 3 years B2B sales experience, preferably in manufacturing/engineering sectors
- Strong track record of sourcing and generating new business, closing deals, and achieving sales targets
- Experience of working to and exceeding targets
- Ability to work as part of a team – working flexibly and collaboratively to solve problems and exceed departmental sales targets
- Ability to exercise a commercial aptitude and customer awareness
- Proactive sales approach, driving sales to meet targets as an individual and a team
For more information regarding this role please call Kris Smith on 01453 829535 or send a CV to email@example.com
Omega Resource Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Omega Resource Group Plc is an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff including: Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing Managers, Production Engineers, Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, Quality Inspectors, Quality Managers, Technicians, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters and Electro-Mechanical Assemblers to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk