|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
|Salary||£300 - 360 per day|
Job Title: Automation Developer
Job Type: Contract, Onsite
Duration: 6 Months
Job Location: Kent
Profile – Automation Developer
Our client is a leading figurehead in the UK food sector, with an unparalleled pedigree dating back to the early 18th century. They are currently seeking a SCADA Engineer to be part of the IT Development Team.
Job Role – Automation Developer
A SCADA Engineer will create, maintain and ensure good Operational Technology Systems architectural templates through development of our emerging enterprise platform, Inductive Automations Ignition. They will have strong working knowledge of PLCs, SCADA software and databases.
Work closely with a cross functional team to define best practice governance and standards for core digital components, developing interfaces with plant machinery, dashboards for consumption and deploying all relevant Ignition projects as per programme requirements.
Duties – Automation Developer
• Interface with and debug PLC software and understand the various communication networks used.
• Write queries to retrieve data from databases.
• Interpret, modify, and debug HMI/SCADA software as per programme needs.
• Participate in team project meetings, track project schedules, responsibilities of work, and coordinate with contractors.
• Focused Ignition developer, working on expanding an emerging platform.
• Creating solutions through Ignition, using Python script and being able to integrate well with all external components.
Experience/Qualifications – Automation Developer
• Inductive Automation Ignition developer
• Python skills
• Experience in Electrical Engineering or a related field is required
• SCADA programming experience
• PLC programming experience
• SQL language awareness
Candidates who are currently a Systems Engineer, Systems Developer, PLC Engineer, SCADA Engineer, Electrical Engineer and Automation Engineer could be suitable for this role.
To make an application for this role please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call 01453829529.
For details of other opportunities available within your chose field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.