|Salary||£40k - 43k per year|
Location - Gloucester
Salary - £40 - £43k
Job type - Permanent
My client is looking for a Maintenance and reliability engineer who will ensure that manufacturing is reaching its optimal level by applying continuous improvement techniques along with managing maintenance schedules.
To focus on all aspects of performance and reliability. Using the site CMMS and OEE tools available, the Asset Care Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and the upkeep of the asset database. Also be able to lead small improvement groups and activities to resolve plant reliability issues using proven CI methods. The Asset Care Engineer will be responsible for interrogating and analysing data entered the site OEE and PPM systems. Using data to identify/ prioritise/ change work plans according to asset reliability and identifying top 3 opportunities. Add, improve or remove existing PPM review process, within their area of responsibility. Leading to improving the quality of the maintenance delivered by the Maintenance Engineering Team and will be measurable using existing KPIs. Will be able to provide cover in the absence of the Asset Care Manager. Working closely with the Lead Planning and Scheduling Engineer, ensures resource labour and parts are available on time in full.
• Health & Safety performance – Machinery Safety and Behavioural Safety
• Energy Reduction
• Waste Elimination
• OEE targets - Availability and Downtime
• Capacity targets by area
• Asset Care deployment plan
• Improvement Projects by area
• New machinery projects
• Machine validations
• Contributes to delivery of site H&S plan in accordance with corporate strategy
• Support a safety culture of protecting people from harm
• Support Delivery of Environmental Strategy and Resource Efficiency KPI’s
• Attends daily Engineering and Asset Care weekly reviews.
• Identify training needs for Maintenance Engineers and frontline maintenance team
• Facilitation of processes using tools and techniques including (but not limited to):-
• O 5S - Work Place Organization and Visual Management
• O Asset Care
Plans activity in line with plant gaps and shutdowns:
• Develop work plans in line with reliability improvement
• Generate and execute improvement plans
• Use data to prioritise activity and measure improvements
• Understand MRO budget
• Waste Elimination Focus
• Deliver Improvement plans covering all operational KPIs
• Support the development and delivery of manufacturing OEE improvement program
• Support delivery of primary KPIs – Safety, Quality, Waste, Capacity
• Maintain systems and controls to ensure that quality production delivery is at the forefront of all activities.
• Promote a continuous improvement
•Innovation & Investment develop local innovation and “Big Ideas” pipeline in relation to site opportunity & CI
• Support the development and Delivery of the site Capital plan to cost, on time in full
• Project manage capital investments to deliver growth and reduce costs
Works with minimal supervision, taking personal responsibility for own actions and for the quality and accuracy of the work that is produced
Qualifications & Knowledge:
• HNC/HND/Apprentice qualified or Equivalent
• Strong working knowledge of electrical control systems.
• SCADA (desirable).
• PLC Fault finding & programming, Mitsubishi Melsec, Siemens S7 & Logo (Desirable).
• Fanuc (30i & 160i), Parker & Beckhoff servo control systems (desirable).
• Leadership qualification or demonstrable knowledge and experience
• High IT literacy
• Agility and Capability to communicate and engage at all levels of the organisation
• Exceptional Communicator with verbal and numerate skills
• Hands on experience of Coaching/Mentoring and Knowledge Transfer process
• Training skills in imparting knowledge and facilitating groups
• Analytical thinker using Data to drive action
• Action oriented and energetic
• Ability to build effective teams
• Demonstrable track record of delivering improvement programs and small capital projects within Engineering
For more information on this role, please contact Ryan Kline on 01453 852562 or email an up-to-date version of your CV to email@example.com
This role will potentially be suitable for the listed skill sets: Maintenance Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Continuous Improvement Engineer and Maintenance Supervisor or Manager
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.