<< Back to jobs
Vacancy Code: DC/LCSW_1341218886
Location: South Africa, Johannesburg
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £8,000 - £10,000 per month
- Manage the Dispute Resolution consultancy services in South Africa
- Interpret and operate both standard form and bespoke contract procedures and mechanisms
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of commercial procedures, the principles of contract law
- Prepare, assess and interrogate construction costs
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dispute resolution procedures, specifically Adjudication
- Prepare dispute referral, response and reply documents
- Prepare claims for loss and expense
- Prepare or assist in preparing Expert Witness reports, Statements of Claim and Defence documents
- Provide full commercial management of construction projects through to agreement of final account
- Review and analyse tender and contract documentation
- Provide strategic advice at all stages of the construction lifecycle.
- 15 years plus post qualification experience as a quantity surveyor or civil engineer the last 10 years of which must have been specializing in renewable energy.
- Membership of a recognized quantity surveying or engineering professional institution is desirable.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, preferably as a Fellow, is desirable.
-In depth knowledge of contract and arbitration law and practice and procedures for arbitration, mediation and other dispute resolution processes is essential.
- Sound commercial management experience in a senior position with contractor, employer or consultant is desirable.
- Experience in arbitration renewable energy is essential.
- Experience as an expert witness on quantum and/or delay matters is desirable.
This is a permanent position in the company leading to appointments in other international positions after a short period of familiarization.
Above all, the successful candidate will have to demonstrate a genuine awareness of the commercial realities of contracting in today's construction markets and the demands of the company's clients, who comprise both employers and contractors, for cost effective solutions to their problems thereby maximizing their entitlements whilst, at the same time, minimizing their downside risk.
For more information please call +44.1453.829.777 and speak to Dan Crowley
Omega Resource Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Name: Daniel Crowley
Telephone: 00441453 829777
Email: Contact Daniel Crowley
Send this job to a friend
<< Back to jobs